Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Non-Post for 2/26/14

Unfortunately, this week is already mostly lost for me. The Duke of Juban - who turns two years old next Friday - was up all Monday night and into Tuesday morning with a nasty stomach bug. He got no sleep, which means the husband and I got no sleep, which means yesterday I kept him home from daycare (the Duke, not my husband) and the two of us dozed off on the couch all afternoon in front of a "Sesame Street" marathon.

So I'm behind on exercising, I'm behind on writing, and I'm behind on blogging. When one thing goes that far out of whack, the rest of it inevitably follows. Keeping a kid home all day is one thing; being up all night is one thing; the two combined means I just can't. Sometimes there's not enough coffee in the world.



Today's my catch-up day for writing during the Duke's nap. While he's awake I'm following the posts over at the #MSWL hashtag on Twitter and catching up on any Nebula-nominated short stories I haven't read (there's at least one).

What do you think of this year's Nebula nominees? I'm all about "If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love" in the short story category. You can read it here. Have a tissue handy. What writing-related Twitter hashtags do you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment